Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Topiary....


Finally finished up the pumpkin topiary, well kind of. Still tweaking it a bit. I originally had it in a black paper mache box but ewwww it looked awful after seeing it in the pictures. I like the pot myself but think I will paint it black. Not sure yet. I am also making a little sign on a stick to stick in the pot that says Happy Fall. But wanted to share it as I won't have time for a few days to work on it. I am finishing up projects, 5 to be exact and they have to be done by the end of the day tomorrow. Plus I FINALLY cleaned the craft room and now I am just organizing it! I am so happy it's almost done, I am finding sooooo many things I had forgotten I had and making room for lots of new goodies that I will share soon.



I made the topiary out of 3 of these that I got on my shopping trip here at Factory Direct Craft!




I like it! I got the idea from my mom, she made one for my Grandma several years ago but a lot nicer, she cut out her own pumpkins and they were thicker, and made her own box for out of wood for them, me I don't use the power tools just yet :)This whole thing was FREE to make, all stuff I had.




I also finished up these for the salon. Finally. They will go above the Makeup counter there. This was so hard for me. She wanted an asian/modern theme, wanted greens and browns, earthtones, not much red ( eek! ) which I realize yes there is red in there but the paper for what she wanted was so stinkin hard to find, I cried, I stressed, I looked, I cried some more, it was bad. But that's how I roll, lol. And it doesn't help that I am a perfectionist when it comes to doing things for others. There is more green than I would have liked, I wanted to use a completely different paper on the Studio 117 part but as I said it was hard to find and the green patterned paper was the closest I could find, so there it is. These papers I used were actually made to coordinate together but when you get them on what your using them on it's completely different. I think they will look alot better on her wall.



DIY Day @ ASPTL



It's DIY day over at Kimba's a Soft Place to Land and I am linkin up this week! It's been a few weeks and I am excited to link up this week and see everyone's projects! Go over here or by clicking the button above and check out everyone's DIY projects this week!





3 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Nicole! What a fun project! It is so cute! Great job!

XOOX
Jen

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! And I like that website. I have never heard of it before. The shipping is kind of steap, but if I order $30 worth of stuff, it should all even out. Thanks for the link!

Janis@White Alder [Home] said...

WOW you really are crafty, it all looks great!!

Thanks for checking out my blog.