Sunday, May 10, 2009

A little bit of everything....

Happy Mothers Day to everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful day. We spent our day at my Grammas house, My brother is in from out of town and my Gramma made dinner today and we all just hung out and laughed alot!


I haven't posted in a few days but this week I made 2 trips to Kmart for the double coupons. I never shop at Kmart but when I heard they were doubling coupons up to 2.00 I just had to check it out and it was SOOO Much Fun! I got so much Free and nearly Free things. I got 13 sticks of deoderant, baby wipes, ponds face wipes, 5 bottles of dishsoap, toilet paper, plus white toothpaste, 2 bottles of cascade rinse agent, Eucerin lotion, Febreeze floor cleaner, Febreeze spray cleaner, A huge bag of purina Cat Litter for 2 something. And more! Ok so did you really care to hear all of that? Sorry, Just love sharing a good deal. Ask My family, They know, lol...I emailed them all after my first shopping trip to share. There is a picture below and it is of just my first trip to kmart...



Ok now on to a few other things I want to share. For mothers day I made up a little gift basket for my mom. In the basket I included some of the freebies I scored at Kmart such as dish soap, deoderent, dishwasher stuff ( I know, right? But hey who wouldn't doesn't need those things ) Also in the basket was a little picture frame I made her, a little sign I made to match the picture frame, of course one of my candles, and a cute little soap dish dispenser I found at Lowes. I put it all in a cute basket and made some pinwheels out of scrapbooking paper, and added in some tissue paper and voila! Now I did not spend a whole lot of time making it pretty as I am good at putting things off til the last minute but I thought it turned out pretty cute. So here are some pictures...






These pictures are so easy and fun to make. Just buy a wood frame at the craft store, paint it your color of choice, I use modge podge to glue my paper on, then I take a piece of sandpaper and go around the edges and lightly sand all of the excess paper off, I then take paint or a stamp pad and antique the edges. Then Embellish however you want and seal it with modge podge!


This was a little wooden pink baby sign I found in the clearance at hobby lobby for .60 cents all beat up and sad looking, I took off the pieces that were glued to it, sanded it, painted it, then glued some scrapbook paper on, sanded off the excess, then I took some little wood bird cutouts and glued some cordinating paper on them and glued them on with the string of the tag under them...Turned out pretty cute I think! I forgot to cut the excess string off...Niceeee...


Hope you had a Blessed Day!




No comments: