Friday, May 15, 2009

A rainy rainy day...


It's been raining and storming since last night and I love it! Sorry I know alot of you hate the rainy and stormy weather but It could rain everyday for me and I would be happy. I don't know what it is I just love the dreary weather, it makes me Happy, really it does....Am I crazy? Maybe, lol...I also love snowy days as well, it's so beautiful! There is just something about being home and hearing the thunder and the rain, drinking my coffee, yea I just made me some coffee and it's 5:13 pm, I didn't get to have it this morning and hubby is going to the movies tonight and it's just me and the little guys hanging out and hopefully I can get a few things done. Gabriel ( 5 months old ) has been really fussy the past few days, I think another tooth may be coming through...Right now big brother is entertaining him by reading to him so I get to sit at the computer for a few...Ok so none of that even closely pertains to having coffee at 5:13, lol, but anyway it's just a casual evening at home...


Last night I went to Michaels and oh how I love that store! It's so funny cause when I was younger and my mom would make me go to Michaels and Hobby Lobby or any craft store or flea market for that matter, I HATED it and now here I am with those as my fave places to go, my how things change! I got soooo many goodies ( pictures to come ) there last night! I was there an hour and a half and loved every minute of it, well until the lady told me my total, lol...I went in for Diamond Glaze and came out with about 5 bags oh and there was noooo diamond glaze in those bags! I cannot find it anywhere! I got something like it and tried it and it was so cloudy you could not see the image underneath it. I have been dying to try making a scrabble pendant and tried it and failed, but I will give it another shot soon....


Anyways here are some pictures of my trip to Michaels...Now some of you may think ok she bought a bunch of junk, but to me these are goodies that I can play with, lol...
In the clearance section those cute little sailboat hooks which I bought 5 of, they would be super cute covered in cute scrap paper, and how about the ribbon for 1.00 each! Love it!



How cute are those stamps for 1.00 each! I love the little cupcake one!! I got that little spinning cube in the back to make to go with my dads fathers day gift with the kiddos pictures in...He will love it for his office! He is THE HARDEST person to shop for, he himself is a shopohaulic, and he has everything, so I figured I would send him a gift card to his fave store which is Marshalls, lol and something I make...


I don't know why I got them but I love the print on those little take out containers, and they were on clearance for .49 and how about those little buckets, those I got at the dollar tree for 1.00, they had all kinds...Those are cute for planters or centerpieces, or just catchalls...Love Em!


I love this plate, again I found it at the dollar tree! I am going to make one of those chalkboard plates out of it as I have seen somewhere and will find where and link to it, they are sooo cool!! and what about that sparkly green trim, it woo was on clearance for .99!


Now these I love, These little Hope words were on clearance for only .29 and I bought about 8 of them, I would of bought them all but didn't want to hog them, lol...How about the new scrapbook paper they are laying on? Love it! Didn't get much paper as it wasn't on sale and I don't buy it if it isn't on sale, lol...Ask anyone who knows me! My son ( who is 7 ) goes around telling everyone hey I saw this on sale at so and so, he's catching on, haha!

Ok now here is a picture of something in the works....
I have 2 of these, my mom made them for me a long long time ago, they matched a coffee table she made and gave to me, it was black with the same paper inset on the top, but I no longer have it and I am tired of these, they are bland...I have noooooooooo Idea what I am going to do with them but I have some old red toile valances I thought about using in them but again I have RED walls and I need another color, any suggestions?

Here it is with the red toile...Don't you think this is way to much up against my red walls? Why oh whyyyyy did I paint my walls red! Don't get me wrong I love them and it looks nice but it is soooo hard to match it, I need another color in there, something bright? I love robins egg blue, would that go? For my kitchen we got a green color, it's more of a mustardy color with a light tint of green? Am I crazy? I am sooooooo bad at decorating and picking colors, seriously it is sooo hard for me to do! I love color though and won't have white walls, though I see so many peoples pictures of their homes and they have white walls and it looks gorgeous!
Ok so my living room and dining room are open to each other, it's long and then there is my tiny kitchen ( hallway, lol ) My living and dining are painted all red and the kitchen we were going to paint the bottom walls/ beadboard red, I know red again but there is barely any bottom walls visible so we thought it would be ok, and the tops will be that mustardy color which I will show you later...My furniture is black, my couches are a tan color and the trim will all be cream. Just painting you a picture of my mess, lol...I will post one as well soon, when it's clean, haha....It my furniture is black should the frames with pics I hang on the wall be black too?
Ok so I know I am talking to myself but it helps me a bit...It makes me feel like someone out there might be listening and hearing my cry for help!
Well I better get busy, it was about 5 when I started this post and is now 6:03...Keep checking back as I am thinking up my first blog giveaway! And since maybe one person is reading this you probably have a pretty good chance, haha!
Til Next Time....

No comments: