Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm back with so much to share and Happy September 1st!!!

First, Happy September 1st!!! I am sooooo excited for September, and the fun Holiday months to come! Ok now on to business....I have been a horrible blogger the past week or so. So horrible I even missed my favorite Thrifty Treasures party and have also missed the last few weeks of DIY day. We had company as you know, the little guy started 2nd grade, then we had our sale ( horrible by the way ), and now it's getting my house reorganized as I have a dining room full of junk leftover from it, yippee! I'm glad it's all over, things are settling down, I can breathe, get some much needed organizing done, and craft. Yes craft, I am so excited to be making Fall and Holiday goodies, it's my first year doing it and it's my favorite time of the year! Anywho, I have so much to share with you just putting some finishing touches on a few things and I should have them up tonight or definitely in the morning. My littlest guy ( 9 months old ) was up ALL night, not feeling so good, he had a fever of 100.3 and has that nasty congested cough and is all stuffed up, I had him in bed with me and about 4am he woke me up and he was so hot, so I gave him some motrin and he played awhile yes played. As terrible as he sounded, and looked he was still his happy little self, he finally fell back asleep about 6am and slept for a couple hours and is MUCH better, no fever, just a slight cough and stuffiness. Sorry keep getting off track, here is a few things I have been doing...


Remember this Goodwill desk?


Yea doesn't look much different does it? It needs something, I gave it a fresh coat of paint and though you can't tell much difference in the pictures it looks so much better than it did. I was going to go black with it and decided to do white now I am thinking how shapr would this look in black...Ahhh...No idea what to do, what would you do?




Remember this Goodwill find for $3.99 I think....




Well it got some black spray paint and some pretty paper, this was sooooooo easy to do and I love the look! However in person it looks awful, I sprayed it in the dark yes. the dark. And I think I gave it to heavy of a coat some some is chipping away but it still looks way better. Sorry I know this picture is awful...



I finished up lots of letters, and picture frames. The frames are so fun and easy to make. I love scrapbook paper and modge podge so much! Plus the frames are $1.00 at Michaels so it's an easy and cheap fix for some pretty art. I have so much fun doing the letters too, the possibilities are endless.


I have been working on some jewelry, I have this ring done and several necklaces that just need the bails glued on then I will show you. These are fun and easy to make too!


See my mirrors? Remember them here that I got at Hobby Lobby for $1 something, I just brushed them with some white paint and did a little distressing! Much better now!




That's all for now! Tonight I will show you another jewelry box redo, a clock redo, and some art I am working on for my office/craft room. I also have a new toy to show you, I haven't used it yet but cannot wait! Can you guess what it is? Here's a big hint....



Hehehe!




Oh and guess what? I am coming up on my 100th post!!! Can you guess what that means???











14 comments:

Lisa said...

You got a cricut!
I'm so jealous.

Love all the thing s you worked on. The desk would look cool with some pretty paper modge podged to those fake drawers. (You did say they were fake...I think.)
:)Lisa

Unknown said...

I love the desk in white! and the mirror with scarp paper looks so cute! cute ring too! P.S. DID YOU kidnap my 9 month, because he has the same thing or did, as you litte one. It sounded like you were talking about my little guy..... Fever, etc. Ha, jk!

MiriamR said...

I love the desk in white! I love all your fun crafts.

Linds said...

I'm really liking that goodwill desk WHITE actually...and I'm a HUGE blacky fan!
(crickets are on my BAD LIST right now...they're driving me crazy in my garage!)

Heidi said...

love how the letters and the mirrors turned out! You've been up to lots of fun stuff lately! Can't wait for the rest later!

Unknown said...

A cricut! I'm so jealous. I don't know how to use one but I want to learn. Love your Podge projects!

Magoo said...

That is one GORGEOUS white desk....so pretty! for me I would just change the 3 handles on the front but that's just my taste :) Welcome to the wonderful cricut world...I LOVE mine (but who doesn't? LOL). Can't wait to see what you do with it! :) :)

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

I have been the worst blogger and have no projects to show for it! I love the desk in white and the black mirror-wow! Now jewelry too? I can't wait to learn!
~Nancy

Karli @ RockyBella said...

I love the mirror redo. You always have such great finds!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

That mirror re-do is awesome! Nice job!

Michelle said...

Congrats on your new toy...awwww, I want one SO badly! (My cousin has one; I just put my order in for her to make stuff for me! haha) Glad your little guy is doing better. Love, love, love that mirror re-do! It reminds me of a project I am finishing up. My husband accidentally cracked part of the mirror so I had to use scrapbook paper to cover it :)

Have a wonderful day!
~Michelle :)

KarenB said...

Whew, you've been productive lately. It all looks great! I really like the black mirror thingy.

Room to Inspire said...

I love the mirror makeover in black! It looks great. And that desk for only $25...you so scored!

Chelsea

MariLee Parrish said...

oooh. I LOVE the mirror!! Great job on that!

I'm always bargain shopping like that, too! I love to "design on a dime!!"

I have cloth napkins as my curtains in the kitchen....a tablecloth for my drapes in the dining room...and all kinds of "redone" work all over the place. It's fun and rewarding isn't it??