Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pendant Necklaces....

Again I am sooo bad and have been MIA, well last Friday my Grandma called me half from Oklahoma to my house and said she was coming for a visit. Well she is still here and I have also been preparing for my open house and have been busy busy, so I am very sorry for posting this so late....

A couple have asked how I made the pendant necklaces and so of course I will share! Obviously this isn't my idea, I found it while surfing etsy, there are many beautiful finished pendants for sale there. First I bought my supplies off of Etsy from an awesome seller I found Karens Craft Supplies. She has all the supplies you need in her store plus cheap and VERY fast shipping! LOL, you would think I knew her but I don't, I was just very happy with my purchase from her! I could not find mine at hobby lobby or michaels so went to Etsy and I found that it was much cheaper this way!






Here is what you will need to make one....

Glass pendant squares
Glue ( I used E6000 )
Modge Podge
A chain
1 Medium Aanraku Bail
Scrapbook paper

First take your piece of glass and hold it over the scrapbook paper you want to use and find the image you want behind the glass. I then always cut a square out a little larger than the glass and glue it on, I used modge podge. I applied a layer of modge podge to the back of the glass and then place the paper on and position it as I wanted it and smooth it out making sure there are no bubbles.

Then let it dry for a few minutes and trim the excess paper off, use a file if needed. I then applied another layer of modge podge over the back of the pendant on top of the paper, and let it dry them repeat 2 to 3 times. Also I am going to try using diamond glaze over the back of one as it leaves a pretty glass like finish and I think it may look nicer than the modge podge.

After that is dry you are ready to glue on your Aanraku Bail. You want the smooth side showing in back. I used E6000 glue to attach the bail.

Then pick out a pretty chain or some kind of rope cording, or whatever you prefer and voila! It is soooo easy to make! I did decide after making a few that I think it would also be nice to glue a solid piece of paper to the back before putting the bail on to make the back pretty. Haven't tried this just a thought still.

I am horrible at instructions so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, I would be glad to help! The possibilities are endless with these and these make such wonderful gifts!! You could use photos, black and white ones would be awesome! Pretty scrapbook paper, wrapping paper, so many options for these! I also bought the supplies to try the scrabble tile ones and will share how those turn out soon!


I hope I haven't left anything out!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Thanks, Nicole! Ejnoy your visit with your grandmother!